- A unique anthology marking the centenary of the abolition of indentureship across the British empire, bringing together writers from across the Commonwealth and six continents.
- Contributors include winners and shortlistees of awards including the OCM Bocas Prize for Caribbean Literature, the Commonwealth Short Story Prize, the Commonwealth Poetry Prize, the Orwell Prize, CODE’s Burt Award for Caribbean Young Adult Literature, the Guyana Prize, and the Montreal International Poetry Prize.
- Covers timely themes of migration, ancestry, historical trauma, ethnic and religious identity, and social change.
- Trinidad and Tobago launch at the 2019 NGC Bocas Lit Fest (May 2019, Port of Spain); Guyana launch to follow later in 2019.
With new writing by:
- Patti-Anne Ali • Trinidad and Tobago
- Gaiutra Bahadur • Guyana
- Suzanne Bhagan • Trinidad and Tobago
- Eddie Bruce-Jones • United Kingdom
- Deirdre Jonklaas Cadiramen • Sri Lanka
- Stella Chong Sing • Trinidad and Tobago
- David Dabydeen • Guyana
- Gitan Djeli • Mauritius
- Prithiraj Dullay • South Africa
- Priya N. Hein • Mauritius
- Gabrielle Jamela Hosein • Trinidad and Tobago
- Kevin Jared Hosein • Trinidad and Tobago
- Fawzia Muradali Kane • Trinidad and Tobago
- Cynthia Kistasamy • South Africa
- Brij V. Lal • Fiji
- Kama La Mackerel • Mauritius
- Lelawattee Manoo-Rahming • Trinidad and Tobago/The Bahamas
- Noelle Nive Moa • Samoa
- Akhtar Mohammed • Canada
- Satendra Nandan • Fiji
- Angelica A. Oluoch • Kenya
- Jennifer Rahim • Trinidad and Tobago
- Mary Rokonadravu • Fiji
- Anita Sethi • United Kingdom
- Anirood Singh • South Africa
- Aneeta Sundararaj • Malaysia
- Arnold Thomas • St. Vincent and the Grenadines
- Athol Williams • South Africa
There are no reviews yet.