- Featuring fiction, memoir, and poems from Hollick Arvon Caribbean Writers Prize finalists.
- Features the best of a new generation of Caribbean writers from seven countries.
- Celebrates the unique legacy of the only award for emerging Caribbean authors with truly regional scope, and includes new work by Hollick Arvon Prizewinners Barbara Jenkins (fiction, 2013), Diana McCaulay (creative non-fiction, 2014), and Danielle Boodoo- Fortuné (poetry, 2015).
- Contributors include winners and shortlistees of other awards such as the Commonwealth Short Story Prize, the Felix Dennis Forward Prize for Best First Collection, CODE’s Burt Award for Caribbean Young Adult Literature, and the Guyana Prize for Literature Caribbean Award.
- Covers timely themes of family dynamics, ancestry, and social change.
Edited by Funso Aiyejina.
Featuring new writing by:
Lisa Allen-Agostini • Trinidad and Tobago
Nicolette Bethel • The Bahamas
Danielle Boodoo-Fortuné • Trinidad and Tobago
Vashti Bowlah • Trinidad and Tobago
Richard Georges • British Virgin Islands
Zahra Gordon • Trinidad and Tobago
Barbara Jenkins • Trinidad and Tobago
Lelawatee Manoo-Rahming • Trinidad and Tobago/The Bahamas
Ira Mathur • Trinidad and Tobago
Diana McCaulay • Jamaica
Sharon Millar • Trinidad and Tobago
Monica Minott • Jamaica
Philip Nanton • St Vincent and the Grenadines
Xavier Navarro Aquino • Puerto Rico
Shivanee Ramlochan • Trinidad and Tobago
Judy Raymond • Trinidad and Tobago
Hazel Simmons-McDonald • St Lucia
Lynn Sweeting • The Bahamas
Peta-Gaye V. Williams • Jamaica